* Butter, for greasing pan
* 3/4 cup cooked black beans
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or olive oil
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
* 1/3 cup flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 9-inch square baking pan
2. In a food processor, puree the beans with the oil. Add the eggs, cocoa, sugar, coffee, and vanilla.
3. Melt half the chocolate chips and add to the food processor. Blend on medium-high until smooth.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the food processor and pulse until just incorporated. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake until the surface looks somewhat matte around the edges and still a bit shiny in the middle, about 20 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting and removing from the pan.
I doubled this and put it in an 9 x 13 for 40 minutes. They were GREAT - but you really really have to make sure the oil and beans are SMOOTH. They were more cake-like than fudgey. I would make this again and put it in a bigger pan, as they were really high. I would also try to substitute half the oil for applesauce next time. When you are using the food processor, make sure you scrape down the sides a lot!!!