This was enough 4 to 5 people. I think you could add two cups of uncooked pasta (maybe even a little more since there was a lot of sauce), and maybe a little less mozzarella cheese (maybe 6 oz). I used Parmesan cheese instead of Romano since that is what I had on hand.
* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1/2 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
* 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 3 tablespoons tomato paste
* 3/4 cup chicken broth
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1. In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion, peppers and seasonings in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, process tomatoes and tomato paste in a blender; add to chicken mixture. Stir in broth.
3. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Repeat layers.
4. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through.