* 2 egg yolks
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup milk (omit the lemon juice and use 1 cup buttermilk if you have it)
* 1 tbsp lemon juice (if you have it)
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 tbsp cornstarch (optional - for crispy outer texture)
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 egg whites
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, milk and lemon juice and butter until well blended.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and cinnamon; stir into the milk mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff. Fold into the batter.
5. Spoon batter onto the hot waffle iron, close, and cook until golden brown. Waffles are usually done when the steam subsides.