Friday, May 13, 2011
Diner Style Pancakes - the winner
* 1 egg
* 1 1/4 cup milk (whatever you have on hand)
* 1 tsp baking soda
* half of a lemon
* 1 1/4 cups flour
* 1 tsp sugar
* 2 tbsp butter, melted
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
1. Put the milk in a measuring cup and squeeze the half lemon directly into it. Mix it with a spoon, then set it aside and let it sit.
2. Beat the egg in a medium sized bowl with your electric mixer for 2 minutes, until it is light and airy. Add the milk and baking soda to the egg; whisk to combine.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the egg and milk mixture. Stir to combine really well, until it is smooth.
4. Cook on a hot griddle (about 300 to 325 degrees F that you've sprayed with cooking oil. Cook them until golden on each side. (You'll know it is time to flip when you start to see air bubbles on the surface).
To make pancakes for a crowd, double the recipe. Beat the eggs for about 3 minutes. Also, heat your oven to 200 and place cooked pancakes on a cookie sheet. Keep them warm in the oven until ready to serve!
Posted by Elizabeth at 1:42 PM