Friday, June 3, 2011
Chicken Fettuccine with Sun-dried Tomatoes
* 8-10 oz. dry fettuccine
* 2 strips thick bacon, diced
* 1/3 cup sin-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (or re-hydrated if dried), drained, minced
* 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
* 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
* 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1/2 cup milk
1. Cook pasta in salted, boiling water, drain, and set aside.
2. While the pasta cooks, saute bacon and tomatoes in a large nonstick skillet for about 3 minutes, or until the bacon browns. Add the chicken, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook together for about 1 minute.
3. Deglaze the skillet with the white wine, scraping the bottom. Add the chicken broth, cream, and cooked pasta, stirring and bringing to a simmer. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over fettuccine.
Note: If you want your sauce thicker, you can add 2 tbsp of water mixed with 1 tsp of cornstarch. Whisk that in at the end and the sauce will really thicken up!
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:16 AM