Friday, June 3, 2011
Spicy Shrimp Pasta
* 8 oz. dried pasta of your choice (we used penne)
* 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
* 6.5-oz. jar sun-dried tomato strips with Italian herb packed in oil
* 2 shallots, finely chopped
* 1 lb. frozen, peeled, and deveined shrimp with tails, thawed and drained
* 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
* 2 tsp dried basil
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven cook pasta according to pasta package directions. Add broccoli during last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking. Drain; return to Dutch oven. Cover to keep warm if pasta is finished before the shrimp.
2. Meanwhile, drain tomatoes, reserving oil. If necessary, add olive oil to equal 1/4 cup (I had plenty from the jar and didn't need to add any). In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp and ground cayenne pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and basil; cook and stir 1 minute more or until shrimp are opaque.
3. Toss shrimp mixture with cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:17 AM