Friday, July 8, 2011
* 1 refrigerated pie crust
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3 to 4 baking apples (Golden Delicious, Granny Smith) peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
* 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Thaw dough according to package. When ready, roll out and place on a pizza stone.
3. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar mixture over dough.
4. Arrange apple slices on top of dough, working from outside edge of dough to the center. Sprinkle apple slices with remaining sugar mixture.
5. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes.
6. Combine honey and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 40 seconds. Brush honey mixture over warm tart. Serve warm or room temperature.
This is a thin apple tart. We changed the name to Apple Pizza because the kids all just picked up their slices and ate it without a fork like a slice of pizza! We used Granny Smith apples. The tart looked a little dry when it came out of the oven, but it wasn't, and after brushing the honey vanilla over the apples and crust, it looked beautiful! Everyone, kids and adults alike, enjoyed this light dessert.
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:57 AM