* 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
* 1 1/4 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
* 1 tablespoon minced shallots
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 2 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Blanch beans in boiling water 3 - 4 minutes; drain and shock in an ice water bath.
2. Place beans, tomatoes, and oregano in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
3. Combine shallots and vinegar, stirring with a whisk. Let vinegar mixture stand 10 minutes. Add oil, salt, and pepper to vinegar mixture, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
4. Pour vinaigrette over bean mixture right before serving; toss well.