Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1, 2011

Here we are, in the midst of our vacation out east. I haven't gotten into the kitchen too much to cook, but I have tasted some fabulous and varied dishes all week. As a result, I dedicate this week's edition to my mom - one of the most fabulous cooks I know! Our family had a large family reunion on Saturday; a sit down dinner for almost 60 relatives right here at my parents' home. The three keeper recipes here are my mom's and used this weekend during the festivities. A light and delicious green bean and tomato salad; a marinade perfect for everything from grilled tuna to chicken breasts; a moist and tasty crumb cake reminiscent of the corner store and bakery near my grandmother's house on Long Island. These three recipes got double thumbs up from everyone that tried them.

For the party, we used the marinade on grilled shrimp that were then refrigerated and served room temperature at the party. In fact, the first thing to run out at the party was the whopping 10 lbs of shrimp that we made! You will have to take my word for it - all these recipes not only taste fabulous but present beautifully. I didn't think to snap any pictures of them, but when I make them, I will update the recipes with a photo. These are all well worth you making!

Keepers
Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
Citrus marinade
Tastes like "Phil's" New York Crumb Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment