Friday, August 19, 2011
Cranberry Chicken Salad
* 1 1/2 cups chicken breast meat, cooked and chopped
* Just under 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* Just under 1 tbsp white wine
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp kosher salt
* 1 stalk celery, diced
* 1 green onion, chopped
* 1 tbsp dried cranberries
1. For the dressing, combine the mayo, wine, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl.
2. Add in the chicken and moisten with the dressing. Add the celery, scallions and dried cranberries. Mix everything together.
3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
4. Serve on a roll, wrapped in a tortilla, or on a bed of mixed greens.
I saw a chicken salad recipe that appealed to me, but not quite. It called for raisins, some curry powder, and chutney, but I knew I could use that recipe as the basis of inspiration for my first chicken salad. I had some leftover chicken breast from a previous meal, and I changed the recipe to better reflect my taste. Instead of raisins, I added cranberries. I simply left out the chutney, and traded curry powder for a hint of garlic powder. I let the salad rest, and then served in on a roll (leftover from the previous night when we had Chicken Parmesan Meatball Subs). I must admit, I thought it was delicious. I've never made chicken salad before, but I can see myself making this whenever we have leftover chicken but not quite enough for another family meal!
Posted by Elizabeth at 2:48 PM