Friday, August 12, 2011
Pumpkin Snack Cake
* 4 eggs
* 1 2/3 cup sugar
* 1 cup oil
* 2 cups pureed pumpkin
* 2 cups flour
* 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice *your choice)
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour and remaining ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine well; batter should be smooth and without lumps.
4. Pour batter into 2 greased 8 x 8 pans, bake for about 25-28 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean. If you want to make these as cupcakes, grease the cupcake pan and bake them for 22 or so minutes.
This is such an easy recipe!!! No sifting of flour, just keep adding ingredients to the batter. This snack cake also freezes wonderfully well. Enjoy one of the cakes with your family, and freeze the other for the future. If you do want to kick this up a bit, add some cream cheese frosting. It is absolutely delicious with cream cheese frosting! While I use pumpkin that I've processed myself, I am sure you could use canned pumpkin for this recipe. Just make sure you buy pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
Posted by Elizabeth at 11:20 AM