Friday, September 23, 2011
* 2 T olive oil
* 4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
* 1 thinly sliced onion
* ground black pepper and salt to taste
* 1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
* 1/2 tsp thyme
* 4 garlic cloves
* 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
* 2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1. Pour the olive oil on bottom of crock pot
2. Place the chicken breasts in the crock, salt and pepper each breast
3. Put sliced onion on top of chicken
4. Mix the dried herbs and sprinkle them over the onions and chicken; toss in the garlic cloves
5. Pour the vinegar over the herbs, and finally top with tomatoes
6. Cook on low for 8 hours or high 4 hours; serve over angel hair pasta
This does smell like vinegar when it first begins to cook, so if you don't like that aroma, perhaps put the dish together and head out for a little while. I love balsamic vinegar and didn't mind the smell, but just thought it fair to warn you. Also, I sprayed my crock pot as I always do, even though the first ingredient into the pot is olive oil.
The chicken is delicious, and it makes a wonderful sauce for over the chicken and pasta. I shredded the chicken and mixed it into the spaghetti and it was great; you can use whatever pasta you have on hand. It is so nice to come across a great and easy recipe that doesn't call for a cream soup, or for an extra step at the end to thicken the sauce before serving. Just follow the directions, and in 4 hours you'll be serving a great meal! I had it for leftovers for lunch a few days later, and it was still fantastic! This recipe has definitely found its way into my keeper file!
Even the kids loved this one!!!
My sister made this on low, and it still turned out great!
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:04 PM