Friday, September 9, 2011
Juicy Weeknight Skillet Chicken (aka, Garlic Lime Chicken)
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp pepper
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1/4 tsp paprika
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp onion powder
* 1/2 tsp thyme
* 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 2 tbsp butter
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* Juice of 2 limes
1. In a bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken breasts.
2. In a skillet heat butter and olive oil together over medium high heat.
3. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
4. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
5. Turn down the heat, add the lime juice and chicken broth to the pan, whisking up the browned bits off the bottom of the skillet. Keep cooking until sauce has reduced slightly. Either add the chicken back to the pan to thoroughly coat and serve, or pour the sauce over the reserved chicken.
We loved this recipe, and the original recipe name is Garlic Lime Chicken. The flavor was wonderful, however, we struggled to say that the dominant taste was garlic or lime. Everyone agreed it was a keeper, so we renamed it Juicy Weeknight Skillet Chicken. You can call it whatever you want!
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:05 PM