Friday, September 23, 2011
Peanut Butter Frosting
* 1 sticks unsalted butter, softened
* 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 10 oz confectioners’ sugar, sifted
* 2-3 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
* Pinch of salt
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, cream butter and peanut butter on medium speed until fluffy. Turn your mixer down to low speed and slowly add in the confectioner’s sugar; continue mixing until well blended.
2. Add vanilla and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream/milk. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add an additional cream/milk until you reach the desired consistency.
3. Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy.
This will make enough to frost a large pan of brownies, 18-24 cupcakes, or whatever else "needs" peanut butter frosting. I actually only had just under 7 tbsp of butter on hand and used milk, and the recipe worked well!
What else to put this on besides brownies? Perhaps use it as a sandwich filling between two chocolate cookies? Chocolate bundt cake? Spread it on graham crackers? Hmmm....
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:00 PM