Friday, October 28, 2011
Pasta with Chicken, Broccoli and Sun Dried Tomatoes
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into strips or chunks
* 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
* 1-2 cups broccoli florets
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 tsp basil
* pinch of crushed red pepper (to taste)
* salt & pepper (to taste)
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 tbls of butter or margarine
* 1 lb cooked pasta
* grated Parmesan
1. Cook the pasta according to box directions
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat, saute the garlic for 1 minute
3. Add chicken and saute until no longer pink.
4. Add broccoli, tomatoes, basil, crushed red pepper, chicken broth and butter or margarine. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Combine chicken mixture with pasta, and finish with Parmesan cheese.
What can I say...we love this dinner! Quick and easy - veggies, protein and pasta all in one! As long as it takes you to cook your pasta (we use rotini or ziti noodles usually) is how quickly you can have dinner on the table! You can also substitute some of the chicken stock for white wine - about 1/4 cup, and then use chicken stock for the other 3/4 cup.
Posted by Elizabeth at 5:47 PM