Friday, October 7, 2011
Savory & Crunchy Chicken
* 1 cup panko
* 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* Pinch ground red pepper
* chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine the panko, Parmesan, thyme, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper.
3. Dip the chicken strips in the melted butter, then dredge them in the bread crumb mixture.
4. Place the chicken strips in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes depending on how thick you've cut your chicken (before removing it from them oven make sure it is cooked through and any juices run clear).
My kids love chicken nuggets, but using this mixture really elevates them from Shake n' Bake to something tasty! Use as much red pepper as you'd like (or leave it out if your family isn't into spicy food). These do get really crunchy in the oven, so keep and eye on them and take them out before they get over-done.
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:14 PM