Friday, October 14, 2011
Shrimp Fra Diavolo
* 1 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled
* 1 tsp red pepper flakes
* 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 4 tbsp mined garlic
* 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
* 1 cup dry white wine
* 1/2 tsp sugar
* 1 lb spaghetti or linguine
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. Toss the shrimp with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook until pink, just about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the cooked shrimp and set aside. Let the pan cool for 2 minutes.
4. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan with the garlic. Cook over low heat for about 8 minutes, moving the garlic around so as not to burn it.
5. Stir the remaining red pepper flakes, tomatoes, wine, sugar and 3/4 tsp salt to the garlic. Bring to a simmer and cook about 8 minutes.
6. Add the shrimp back to the sauce, along with the parsley. Cook about 1 minute until the shrimp and heated through.
7. Serve over pasta, and enjoy!!!
This recipe definitely has some kick, but we loved it! Serve with a salad and some crusty bread to sop up some of the sauce and you will have a fabulous meal! We cut the ingredients in half because only 2 adults and one child were going to eat the meal, and it worked out well.
Posted by Elizabeth at 7:48 PM