Friday, October 7, 2011
"Thrown together in 5 Minutes" Lasagna
* 26 ounce jar Spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
* 1 (25 - 30 ounce) bag Frozen large cheese ravioli, unthawed
* 1 (10 ounce) package Frozen spinach, thawed and drained (optional)
* 8 ounces Mozzarella, shredded
* 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 13-x-9-inch baking dish and spoon in about 1/3 of the sauce.
3. Arrange 12 of the raviolis on top; then evenly lay all the spinach over the top of the raviolis. Top that with half of each cheese. Now cover with another layer of raviolis, the remaining sauce and the remaining cheese.
4. Tent with foil (don't let cheese touch the foil or it will stick) and bake 45 minutes; then uncover it and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more until bubbly.
This is an ingenious idea! Ravioli has the cheese filling that you put together for lasagna, so this works great and can be thrown together in a snap on a weeknight. And adding spinach makes this even more nutritious, and adds flavor! I think I will try this with fresh baby spinach next time, just for a bit fresher texture and taste. I used my own meat sauce that I keep in the freezer for pasta rather than jarred sauce, but just use whatever you have on hand. And the picture isn't that great - but that is because we were devouring it before I took a photo! Next time I make it I will snap a new one.
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:02 PM