Friday, November 18, 2011
Lemon Sesame Crusted Chicken
* boneless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 cup Bisquick mix
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
* 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
1. Make sure the chicken is pounded to an even thickness. Cut into serving size pieces, or into strips.
2. Beat the egg and lemon juice in a bowl just large enough that the chicken can be dipped.
3. In another bowl, or in a gallon size zip-top bag mix the paprika, sesame seeds and Bisquick.
4. Take each piece of chicken - dip first into the egg wash, then coat it with the seasoned mixture.
5. Cook the chicken in a skillet with the heated oil over medium to medium high heat until cooked through, flipping once.
6. Serve hot, with a dipping sauce of your choice.
This recipe had a lemon sauce that you made at the same time (you can see it in the photo). No one at the table liked the sauce (it was way too sweet) but we couldn't get enough of the chicken! The kids used ketchup, I just ate it without any sauce, Ryan used some hot sauce. So while it seems a bit strange to offer you this chicken recipe without an accompanying sauce, the chicken was just too good not to share it!
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:33 AM