Friday, November 4, 2011
Skillet Seared Salmon
* 4 5 - 6 ounces skinless salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 4 large roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped (or whatever kind you want, but you need about 1 1/2 cups)
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1. Lightly season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through cooking. If salmon browns too quickly, adjust heat to medium.
2. Transfer salmon to serving platter. Add tomatoes, jalapeno, and butter to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Spoon over salmon; sprinkle cilantro. Serves 4.
Posted by Elizabeth at 4:20 PM