Friday, December 2, 2011
Nutella, Peanut Butter and Banana Turnovers
* 1 square of puff pastry – thawed
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1/3 cup Nutella
* 1/3 cup peanut butter
* 1 banana – sliced
* cinnamon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Roll out thawed puff pastry to a square. Cut into 8 equal parts. Set aside onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
3. Beat egg and water together until mixed. Set aside.
4. Mix Nutella and peanut butter together. Place equal amounts of Nutella peanut butter mixture in the middle of each piece of pastry.
5. Place slices of banana onto the Nutella peanut butter mixture (I got 2 or 3 slices per pastry).
6. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush sides of pastry with egg wash. Fold over to make a pocket and press sides together.
7. Brush the top of the turnovers with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
8. Put into the oven and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, until the turnovers are golden brown.
I used 1/2 package of Pepperidge Farm puff pastry. Also, let the pastries cool a bit before eating, as the filling will be very hot - don't burn the roof of your mouth!
Posted by Elizabeth at 6:56 PM