Friday, December 2, 2011
Seasonal Bake Sale Treats: Santa Cookies and Festive Rice Cereal Treats
* 12 ounces white chocolate chips (save 36 chips)
* 1 package (1 pound) Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
* red colored sugar
* 72 mini chocolate chips
* 36 red candies (we used mini M&Ms)
1. In a microwave, melt white chocolate chips at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
2. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire racks. For Santa's hat, sprinkle red sugar on top part of chocolate. Press one vanilla chip off-center on hat for pom-pom; let stand until set.
3. Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered. Place on wire racks. With a dab of melted chocolate, attach mini chips for eyes and a red candy for nose. Place on waxed paper or cooling rack until set.
Festive Rice cereal treats
To make quick festive Rice cereal treats, I bought a bag of red and green marshmallows and separated them. Then I followed the directions for the rice cereal treats, halving it and using the green and red marshmallows separately. I did add a little red food coloring to made the red "redder". I made the treats side by side in a large 15 x 10 pan, then cut them and placed them on top of each other. adhering with a little vanilla frosting. The regular batch I made I just sprinkled seasonal mini M&Ms on top. Great for a bake sale!
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:21 PM