Friday, December 23, 2011
* left over roast
* left over carrots
* left over gravy
* frozen peas
* mashed potatoes
1. Make mashed potatoes.
2. Put roast and the onion (1/2 onion or whole depending on how much leftover roast you have) in your food processor, mix together.
3. Place the meat and onion in oven proof bowls.
4. Mix chopped leftover carrots and frozen peas with the meat.
5. Heat up the gravy, and spoon over the meat and vegetable mixture.
6. Spoon or pipe the mashed potatoes over the top of the meat, vegetables and gravy.
7. Heat until bubbling in a 350 degree oven.
We most recently made this with the cola braised pot roast, and it was delicious!!! When we make it we love to individualize it - Owen and Liam love peas but not carrots, Hannah doesn't like either, Ryan and I have both. Instead of doing one big one, which also works out really well, the individual servings are fun and everyone is much happier at the dinner table.
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:58 PM