Friday, January 27, 2012
Chicken with Mushrooms
* 3 cups sliced mushrooms
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
* salt and pepper
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
* 3/4 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place half of the mushrooms in a 9x13 inch pan.
3. Dip chicken into beaten eggs, then roll in bread crumbs.
4. In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken in skillet.
5. Place chicken on top of mushrooms, arrange remaining mushrooms on chicken, and top with mozzarella cheese. Add chicken broth to pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
30 minutes was perfect for us, and I used 3 large chicken breasts, each cut in half. I served this with cauliflower rice instead of rice or noodles, and it was a nice accompaniment. The kids devoured this, and Ryan and I really enjoyed it as well! Owen was raving about it! You can use a blend of mushrooms, or a single kind. I only had white mushrooms on hand and they worked well, but you could kick it up with all sorts of other kinds.
Posted by Elizabeth at 6:57 AM