Friday, January 6, 2012
Easy Pork Chops in Mushroom Sauce
* 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 packet dry onion soup mix
* 10 ounces milk (you can use the soup can)
* 1 4 oz can mushrooms
* 4 pork chops
* 1 tablespoons oil
* 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the mushroom soup, onion soup mix, milk and undrained mushrooms. Mix well.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pork chops on each side in the oil and butter.
4. Transfer the browned pork chops to a 9x9 or 10 x 7 inch baking dish (sprayed with cooking spray), and cover with the mushroom soup mixture.
5. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until internal pork temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). You can let this cook longer, just keep an eye to ensure there is still plenty of sauce covering the pork while it continues to cook.
The kids loved this. It is similar to another recipe we have from Ryan's side of the family called "Steak and Rice". I served this with green beans and mashed potatoes. The kids loved the sauce on the potatoes, and the pork chops were very tender. Not a very creative meal, but comforting, easy to put together, and a hit with the family. I can't ask for much more than that during the week!
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:38 PM