Friday, January 27, 2012
Oven Baked Zucchini Chips
* 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
* 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/3 cup milk
* 2 small zucchini cut in 1/4-inch-thick slices
* Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a large oven-proof wire rack set on a baking sheet.
2. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Place milk in a separate shallow bowl.
3. Dip zucchini slices in milk then in breadcrumb mixture, then place the slices on the rack. After all the slices are on, feel free to pat additional Parmesan breadcrumbs on top of the zucchini.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
I cooked these for 25 minutes and the zucchini was tender and the topping golden and crunchy. The kids tried them because they like Parmesan, so it was a fun way to serve a vegetable that seemed a little more "hip". You can use onion powder instead of garlic powder, but I only had garlic on had, and they tasted great!
Posted by Elizabeth at 6:55 AM