Friday, January 20, 2012
Peanut Butter & Nutella Swirl Cookies
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* Approx. 1/4 cup Nutella
1. Combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
2. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Drizzle Nutella on top of the dough then swirl it through the dough with a butter knife.
3. Chill dough 15 minutes in the refrigerator. While the batter chills, preheat oven to 350° F.
4. Roll into balls by hand. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Using a fork, press down the balls to flatten slightly.
5. Bake until edges are very lightly browned, about 7 to 9 minutes.
6. Allow to rest 1 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:49 PM