Friday, January 20, 2012
* 1 1/4 cup AP flour, plus more for dusting the board
* 2 tsp sugar
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2/3 cup milk
* 2 tbsp butter, melted
* 2 tsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. In a small bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add in the milk and stir to form a soft dough.
3. If the dough seems too wet, slowly incorporate some additional flour, one tablespoon at a time. Don't let the dough become too stiff.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured board. Kneed gently for about 30 seconds.
5. Roll the dough into a rectangle, and cut into 12 breadsticks.
6. Place the breadsticks into the butter and turn to coat. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle the breadhsticks with sesame seeds.
8. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
We used sesame seeds, though you could also sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, or whatever other flavoring you'd like. These were a very quick and easy breadstick to make, and everyone enjoyed them. They are similar in taste to biscuits, but in the breadstick form they added a bit of fun to the dinner!
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:50 PM