Friday, January 27, 2012
* 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
* 1 envelope taco seasoning
* 1 tablespoon dried minced onion, or 2 tsp dried onion powder
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* cheese (your choice of flavor, shredded or sliced)
* Sandwich buns, split
* Lettuce leaves, optional
* Tomato slices, optional
* Salsa, optional
* Avocado, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, taco seasoning, onion and egg. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
3. Top each burger with a cheese slice; cook just until cheese begins to melt.
4. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and salsa if desired.
I cooked this on our indoor grill, and I think you could also do this on an indoor grill pan. Basically, however you cook your hamburgers, use the same method for these. I used 1 1/4 lbs of ground beef, and used the onion powder because I didn't have minced onion on hand. Everyone enjoyed these, and we'll have them again!
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:56 AM