Friday, February 24, 2012
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Ingredients for Chocolate Cupcakes
* 1 box devil’s food cake mix
* 1 small pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 4 eggs, beaten
( 1/2 cup milk
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and line cupcake pans.
2. In a very large bowl, mix together everything except chocolate chips until well combined. Batter will be thick.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. If making mini cupcakes, bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
5. If making standard cupcakes, bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
* 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
* 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place the peanut butter, butter, sugar, cream and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes.
2. If necessary, add more cream, one tablespoon at a time, beating for 1-2 minutes after each addition until desired consistency is reached.
3. Frost or pipe onto cupcakes.
Who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter? 19 minutes was the perfect amount of cooking time for my standard size cupcakes.
Posted by Elizabeth at 7:27 PM