Friday, February 10, 2012

February 10, 2012

Tough week! I made a few new entrees but none scrumptious enough to share with you. It was even my birthday and the Superbowl so I made two new desserts this week as well and if you believe it only one of those made it to keeper status. So all I can offer today is a Heath Bar Cake. Thankfully, the cake was so easy to make, and enjoyed by the kids and adults alike I know that if you make it you will love it, too!

For my birthday I received a great new kitchen item - a pressure cooker! I am trying to figure it out and find some great recipes to share. I have taken out 5 cookbooks form the library and I am sure that in the coming weeks I will have some great results. The dinner we made with it this week tasted good, but it was a chicken recipe and we've made much better chicken recipes in the past. I think the sweet spot for this new kitchen tool will be found with traditionally tougher cuts of meat. Wish me luck as I search out some keepers! And if you have any pressure cooker recipes you want to share - send them my way!

Happy cooking this week!

New Recipe
Heath Bar Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment