Friday, February 17, 2012
Ingredients for the muffins
* 1 1/2 c. + 2 Tb. flour
* 3/4 c. sugar
* 2 ts. baking powder
* 1/4 ts. salt
* 1/4 ts. nutmeg, or cinnamon, or apple pie spice
* 1/2 c. milk (I only had skim on hand and that worked fine)
* 1 beaten egg
* 5 Tb. melted butter
Ingredients for the topping
* 1/2 ts. cinnamon
* 1/4 c. sugar
* 2 Tb. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Combine first five ingredients.
3. Add milk, egg, and melted butter, mix gently to combine.
4. Butter or spray a muffin tin, and fill 8 muffin cups 1/2 full and bake for 17-20 minutes, until tops are light brown and springy to the touch.
5. While muffins are still warm, dip in butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar. Serve warm.
These were so easy to throw together, and definitely best served warm from the oven. One of the fantastic things about this recipe is that it only makes 8 muffins, so there aren't a ton of leftovers that will get cold. These would be fun as part of a brunch if you made them in your mini muffin tin as well!
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:17 AM