Friday, March 2, 2012
French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms
* 2 tbs butter
* 2 whole large onions, halved and sliced thin
* ¼ cups beef broth
* 7 dashes worcestershire sauce
* splash of white wine
* ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
* kosher salt
* 24 whole white Or crimini Mushrooms, washed and stems removed
1. In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft. Splash in wine, broth, and Worcestershire. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until liquid is cooked down. Set aside.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Throw in mushrooms and toss around for 2 minutes, just to start the cooking process. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt.
3. Place mushroom in a baking dish. Heap cavity with sauteed mushrooms, then sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake at 10 minutes on 325 degrees. If desired, turn on broiler and broil for a couple of minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble and slightly turn brown.
Posted by Elizabeth at 6:44 PM