Saturday, April 28, 2012
Crock Pot Jambalaya
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef or chicken broth
* 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
* 2 medium green peppers, chopped
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 3 celery ribs, chopped
* 5 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 tsp dried parsley flakes
* 2 tsp dried basil
* 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
* 1-1/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
* 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1 lb smoked sausage, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 1/2 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
* Hot cooked rice
1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, broth and tomato paste. Stir in the green peppers, onion, celery, garlic and seasonings. Stir in chicken and sausage.
2. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
3. Serve with rice.
Even the kids love this!!! This is pretty spicy as written, so you could leave out the cayenne pepper if you think your family will want to kick the heat level down. We also used chicken andouille sausage and it worked great.
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:50 AM