Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday April 20, 2012

This week, similar to last week, was getting away from me, but I did manage to try a few new recipes, and I have three keepers for you this week!!!  Activities have been clogging up our afternoons and evenings, leaving little time for me to experiment in the kitchen and get creative.  But, even with the time crunch, I have two quick recipes for you, and one that is a little more involved, but worth the time!

First the quick - cinnamon rolls and green beans!!  You might not want to eat these at the same meal, but you will love both.  The cinnamon rolls couldn't be any easier; they begin with a tube of crescent roll dough.  My oldest likes these, so she was thrilled to see the tube in the fridge.  Little did she know that I was going to transform them into something even yummier for her...she loves cinnamon rolls.  When I woke her up one morning this week and let her know I was cooking cinnamon rolls to go with breakfast before school, she probably thought she was dreaming!

As for the green beans - it probably isn't really a "new" recipe for many of you, but it was for me.  The green beans are blanched first, then sauteed with the seasoning of your choice.  I think I could eat these every night and just vary the spices I added to coincide with the meal I prepare.  Crisp green beans with flavor - what a concept!  I always just steamed them then added salt and pepper.  I was worried that boiling them would make them mushy.  But, the key is to quickly boil them, then throw the beans in the ice water bath to stop the cooking and keep them crisp.  Give these a try this week.  I know, I know, many of you have probably  always made your beans this way, but if you are like me and missed that memo, give this "recipe" a go one night this week.

And finally...nut crusted chicken breasts!  If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I trust Cook's Illustrated (99.9% of the time).  I got the latest cook book from them, and marked bunches of recipes to try.  This week I tried the Nut Crusted Chicken breasts, and my oh my...it was voted a keeper unanimously within the first bite from everyone at the table.  I just love it when that happens!

Enjoy the recipes, and we'll see what next week brings!

New Recipes
 School Morning Cinnamon Rolls
Sauteed Green Beans
Nut Crusted Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment