Friday, April 20, 2012
Sauteed Green Beans
* Green beans
* 1-2 tsp olive oil
* seasoning of your choice (I like to use Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning)
* salt and pepper, optional
1. Clean and trim the green beans. Blanche in boiling water for about 6 minutes, then cool in an ice water bath.
2. Heat the oil in a saute pan, and saute the green beans with the seasoning of your choice. Cook them for just a few minutes, maybe 2-3. You want them to be hot, but don't let them get mushy!
3. When the beans are done, transfer to a serving plate and if desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
These are easy and delicious beans! Green beans aren't always my first choice in vegetables, but since I've been making them this way, they are finding their way into my grocery cart more and more often! I use Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning most often, to give the beans a little kick!
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:56 PM