Friday, April 20, 2012
School Morning Cinnamon Rolls
* 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, or crescent roll sheet
* 6 teaspoons softened butter, divided
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the bottom of a pie plate. Add the brown sugar to the butter and stir to combine.
3. Unroll crescent dough and pinch seams together to create one big sheet (or if it is just one sheet, no need to pinch seams!). Spread with remaining softened butter. Combine white sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the buttered dough.
4. Roll the dough back up into a log, and cut into 8-10 cinnamon rolls.
5. Place rolls in prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
6. Top with glaze or frosting of your choice and serve warm.
What a brilliant idea to create a cinnamon roll that uses crescent roll dough as the base!!! My kids love cinnamon rolls, and I love the ease of this recipe. When crescent rolls or sheets go on sale, this will be a recipe I will be making for the family!
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:56 PM