Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5, 2012

The kids had off from school on Friday, and then Hannah had an evening soccer game, so publishing the blog fell to the bottom of the priority list.  Here it is, one day late, but as they say, better late then never!!!

This week we only tried one new dinner, but it was a hit!  Both the salmon preparation and the accompanying creamy dill sauce were voted keepers.

I love dill!  This recipe wasn't clear if you needed fresh dill or dried dill. I couldn't bring myself to buy a whole bunch a dill without any additional recipes waiting in the wings for it, so I went with dried from my cupboard.  (If you use fresh, let me know how it is   - it would probably be even better!)  The creamy dill sauce was delicious with the fish, and you might even be able to use it as a dipping sauce with crackers or pretzels. 

This coming week Ryan will be out of town, so I am not sure how many new recipes we'll be trying.  I know the kids have asked for breakfast for dinner (always a big hit), tacos, spaghetti...nothing too fancy, but dinners they all love.  So, we'll see if we try anything this week, and if we do, if any are keepers!

New Recipes
Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment