* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1-2 tbsp olive oil
* 1-2 tbsp butter
* 3 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
* 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar or colby jack
* 1 can Rotel tomatoes, (canned with green chilies added, they are either 12 or 14 oz, I can't recall)
* sliced green onions
1. Pound chicken to uniform thickness
2. Heat one tbsp of butter and oil together in a saute pan over medium to medium high heat
3. Cook the chicken on both sides until almost done, and then place in a Pyrex glass pan previously sprayed with cooking spray
4. Pour tomatoes over the chicken, and then sprinkle with green onions, shredded cheese and bacon.
5. Cook for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees, or until cheese is melted and chicken is completely cooked
6. If desired, serve barbecue sauce on the side
The original recipe I saw that inspired this called for the chicken to be brushed with barbecue sauce and then grilled, but I was looking for a recipe to cook inside. All of us like various types of barbecue sauce, so I left it off, and just had it on the table. Everyone enjoyed this a lot, but as Ryan said, what's not to like about a chicken dinner that calls for bacon? You may need the additional butter and oil if you have a lot of chicken, or if your pan is getting too hot.