Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1, 2012

First of all...school lets out on Tuesday.  WHAT!?!?!?! Where did the year go? And to think, my dear girl is going to enter Middle School in the fall - wow; I must be old.  Well, with summer around the corner the kids can help me cook even more.  :)  

Speaking of my daughter, she picked out a new dish to make on Monday.  I was a little surprised that she picked it out, given the ingredient list included leeks and mushrooms, but were we glad that she did.  All I can say - phenomenal!!!  We will definitely be making this again, and again, and again.  The tough part - it is a long recipe and takes quite a while to complete.  But it is well worth the wait.  If you have time on your hands and want to make an amazing Sunday dinner, I recommend you try this.  And I was so excited that there was a little left for me for lunch the next day.  (Writing about this now makes me want to add this recipe to the menu plan for this week!)  Even as leftovers this dish didn't disappoint.

And my children LOVE crescent rolls!  When I read a recipe for easy crescent rolls from an old cook book I stumbled across at the library, I had to try it.  It was a keeper for sure.  You can keep the dough in the fridge and make a fresh batch for a few days!  The recipe divides the dough into 4 parts so you only have to make 8 at a time, and have fresh rolls when you want them.  Awesome idea!

Perhaps you want to make this stuffed chicken with the crescent rolls.  I can only imagine dipping these rolls in the sauce...yum!

New Recipes
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Easy Crescent Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment