* 2 small yellow onions, diced fine
* 4 tbs unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* Flour for dredging
* 2 tbs unsalted butter
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
* 1 cup artichoke hearts, diced
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 1/2 cup chicken stock
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/2 cup marsala wine
* 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped fine
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. In saucepan over medium heat, saute onions in 4 tablespoons butter until light golden brown. Add brown sugar and cook until completely melted. Add Worcestershire sauce and simmer until all liquid is absorbed. Set aside.2. With meat mallet, pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut each breast into 3 pieces.
3. In large saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Dredge chicken in flour and add to pan. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Turn chicken and add garlic, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and reserved onions. Saute about 2-3 minutes over high heat.
4. Add white wine, chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce liquid for 2-3 minutes. Add cream and marsala and continue to reduce until sauce reaches desired thickness, about 5 minutes.
5. Before serving, add fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste.
This is one of my father-in-law's favorite recipes! When my in laws were visiting this week we made it one night, and it was a hit with the kids and adults. My mother-in-law originally clipped this from her local newspaper years ago!