Friday, August 17, 2012
Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Frosting
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
* 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
* 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
* 3 eggs
* 1-1/4 cups water
* 1/4 cup canola oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, peanut butter, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
2. Fill 24 paper-lined or sprayed muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (from Hershey's)
* 6 tablespoons butter, softened
* 2-2/3 cups powdered sugar
* 1/2 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
* 1/3 cup skim milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Beat butter in medium bowl.
2. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed).
3. Stir in vanilla.
The cupcake recipe is one I have had for a long time, clipped out from a Taste of Home magazine. The buttercream feosting I used was a Hershey's recipe. They went fabulously well together! For me, 20 minutes was the perfect amount of time for these cupcakes in my oven.
Posted by Elizabeth at 11:03 PM