Friday, September 14, 2012
Baked Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 3 large eggs
* 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
* 1 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
* cinnamon sugar for dusting the doughnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease your doughnut or muffin pan.
2. Beat everything except the flour together, until smooth.
3. Add the flour, mix just until fully incorporated.
4. Fill each cup about 3/4 full. If using a doughnut pan, bake 15-18 minutes. If using a muffin pan, back 23-25 minutes.
5. Let the doughnuts (or muffins) cool for a about five minutes, then sprinkle them with or roll them in the cinnamon sugar. These are best enjoyed warm, but can be stored at room temperature for up to three days.
You might try rolling these in sugar and pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon sugar!
Posted by Elizabeth at 9:18 PM