Friday, September 28, 2012

September 28, 2012

Is this really my last post for September?  With October around the corner I guess I will have to admit that it is fall.  We have been enjoying the zucchini carrot muffins from last week - made another batch again this week!  The kids are loving them - calling them the cinnamon muffins.  Since they love muffins, why not make some that have some veggies in them?

I tried a few new things this week, and was most disappointed when "poached salmon and leeks" ended up fairly flavorless.  What a bummer.  Completely edible, but everyone doctored it up to suit their own taste.  Unfortunately my high hopes were dashed and I am unable to recommend this recipe. 

On the flip side, we have a major keeper this week!  Dutch oven pulled pork - this was a smash hit at our dinner table.  Leftovers were fantastic, and it had a wonderful balance between heat and flavor.  I typically make pulled pork in the slow cooker, but this method was nice in that you can put it together in the afternoon rather than in the morning.

Do you have any favorite fall recipes?  Email them to me at monkeysinthekitchen@gmail.com or leave a comment here.  I'd love to know what dishes you love to make in the autumn.

New Recipe
Dutch Oven Pulled Pork 

No comments:

Post a Comment