Friday, November 9, 2012
Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Green Onions
* 1/2 lb bacon
* 3 1/2 lbs potatoes
* 1/4 sliced green onions
* coarse salt
* fresh ground pepper
1. Peel and cut potatoes into cubes. Bring water to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
2. Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook bacon in a skillet, than remove cooked bacon onto a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve the bacon drippings.
3. Prepare a baking sheet by brushing some of the bacon drippings on the bottom of the pan.
4. Preheat the oven to 425.
5. When the potatoes are fork tender, drain and dump onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Place in 425° oven for around 20 minutes. Mix the potatoes halfway through the baking time to ensure an even color.
6. After 20 minutes, turn potatoes over again and sprinkle with the bacon and green onions. Add more salt and pepper if desired. Return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are browned to your preference. Remove from oven and serve!
What's not to love about potatoes, bacon and green onions? This tasted like hash browns, and they were gone in no time!
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:09 PM