* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 3 stalks celery, diced
* 1 cup onion, diced
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup 2% milk
* 3 cups chicken stock
* 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
* 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce, or more to taste
* 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, or pepper jack cheese
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat; saute the celery and onion in the oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and allow to cook until absorbed, about 1 minutes more. Slowly stir the milk. Once the milk is fully added and smooth, add the stock into the mixture.
2. Stir in the chicken and buffalo wing sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stirring occasionally, allow the soup to simmer about 10 minutes.
3. Just prior to serving, slowly add the cheese and stir it until melted.
4. Serve with rolls or crackers and celery, with additional shredded cheese to add to the soup if desired!
I let this simmer about an hour because that was how dinner time went at our house the day I served it. I still waited until just before serving it to add the cheese. Instead of serving additional cheese on the side you can add it to the pot of soup, but I didn't want it to be too "cheesy". Also, people can add additional hot sauce to their soup if they want to kick up the heat!