* 3/4 cup finely crushed nilla wafers
* 1/8 cup butter, melted
* 1/4 cup sugar, divided
* 4 oz cream cheese, softened
* 1 ½ cups plus 1 Tbsp. cold milk, divided
* 1/8 cup finely crushed candy canes
* 8 oz. cool whip, thawed, divided
* 1 pkg. chocolate instant pudding
* 1/8 cup coarsely crushed candy canes, plus additional for topping
1. Mix cookie crumbs, butter and 1 tbsp. sugar; press onto bottom of 8x8 dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and 1 tbsp. milk in medium bowl until blended. Stir in finely crushed candy canes. Add 6 oz of cool whip; mix well. Spread over crust.
3. Beat pudding mix and remaining milk with whisk 2 min.; pour over cream cheese layer. Let stand 5 min. or until thickened. Cover with remaining cool whip.
4. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with coarsely crushed candy canes just before serving.
I popped this in the freezer for about an hour before I served it, and it made it easier to cut. We loved it. I put it back in the freezer instead of the fridge, and the next night it was too hard, and we didn't enjoy it as much. So - lesson learned...use the freezer to aid in cutting, but store it in the fridge!