Friday, December 14, 2012
* 1-1.5 lbs ground beef
* 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs (more if you prefer)
* 8 oz can tomato sauce
* 1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup mix
* splash to 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all the ingredients together. You can add additional breadcrumbs if you need or desire.
3. Wash and cut the peppers in half.
4. Stuff your peppers with the meat mixture.
5. Cook on a cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked.
This recipe is very forgiving! You can cook it a little longer if you are still getting other parts of the meal together - the pepper will keep the meat moist. By cutting the peppers in half you can make reasonable size portions, and they won't take so long to get fully cooked through. While these are not your typical "Italian" tasting stuffed peppers, they are fantastic. This meat mixture is also great as a traditional meatloaf, or used for meatball sandwiches.
Posted by Elizabeth at 6:26 PM