Friday, January 18, 2013
Citrus Crunch Chicken
* 1 each - lemon, lime, orange
* 1 to 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 lb chicken breasts
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Grate the peel from about half of each of the fruits. Mix the zest into the panko bread crumbs.
3. Cut the fruit into thin slices and overlap them into a greased or parchment lined 9 x 13 pan.
4. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dip each into the bread crumbs and then lay on the fruit slices.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
This was a nice change to the usual Italian inspired coated chicken! Easy and tasty!
Posted by Elizabeth at 10:00 AM