Friday, January 4, 2013
* 25 oz bag of frozen ravioli (your choice on filling)
* 10 oz enchilada sauce
* 1 cup salsa
* 6 oz shredded cheese, divided (cheddar, Monterrey jack, pepper jack)
* small can sliced olives, optional
* 1 cup corn, optional
* 1 cup black beans, optional
1. Cook the ravioli according to the directions.
2. While the ravioli cooks, combine the enchilada sauce, salsa, 4 oz cheese, and the optional ingredients you've chosen. Stir to combine and heat over medium.
3. Drain the ravioli and add to the sauce. Pass the additional shredded cheese for people to top their ravioli with if desired.
How easy is this meal! From putting the pot on to boil to getting it on the table - maybe 20 minutes? The original recipe called for more cheese to be added to the dish and melted on the top, and no beans or corn. Not everyone at my table likes melted cheese, so I incorporated most right into the sauce, and added the black beans and corn to the dish to round it out, and it helps stretch it as well! I served it with fresh pineapple which the kids just devour. And there is something about spicy food paired with pineapple - it is very refreshing!
Posted by Elizabeth at 8:50 PM